KIT TRENT Innovation Day was successfully held in Suzhou
With the support of the Environmental, Climate and Energy Department of the state of Baden-Württemberg in Germany, the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and State Agency for Environmental Technology and Resource Efficiency Baden-Württemberg (UTBW) have jointly established the Transnational Competence Center for Environmental Technology and Research Jiangsu Baden-Württemberg (TRENT). In addition to KIT and UTBW, our representative office and KIT China Branch provide support for the competence center. The TRENT project systematically integrates the existing capabilities in the environmental science and technology field of Jiangsu and Baden-Württemberg to provide a platform for communication and exchange for universities, research institutes, public departments, and businesses in the two partner provinces.
On July 7, 2021, the TRENT High-Level Event was successfully held at KIT China Branch , marking the official launch of the TRENT in Jiangsu. Since then, the TRENT project team has held a series of activities to promote communication and cooperation between the two provinces in the environmental protection subdivision field:
– Sino-Germany Enterprise Workshop (in the fields of atmospheric pollution prevention and control, water treatment technology, waste recycling, and energy efficiency technology)
– China-Germany Circular Economy workshop
– TRENT Summer School on Lake Environment and Ecology (offering 11 professional course lectures and 4 cultural exchange lectures)
– Scientific Roundtable (on the application of bioeconomy and biotechnology in environmental protection, the resource utilization of agricultural waste biomass, and the resource utilization technology of waste straw biomass)
– TRENT Talk (in the fields of remanufacturing, atmospheric pollution prevention and control, water technology, and plastic recycling)
To further enhance understanding, promote communication, and discuss cooperation potentials in environmental technology and circular economy, KIT TRENT Innovation Day was successfully held in Suzhou on April 19,2023. More than 60 guests participated in KIT TRENT Innovation Day. Institute for Industrial Production of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, The Academy of Sciences of Nanjing Tech University, National Innovation Center par Excellence (NICE)/Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Insitute (JITRI) shared their latest technological innovations in the field of energy and environmental protection as well as the concept and application of sustainable development. Workshop on Circular Economy in an Eco-industry park setting – from research to implementation was held in the afternoon.